Triz Engineering Solutions is looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to form part of our engineering team, with the ability to fit into the DNA of our company culture that is dynamic and embraces change. Apart from a contained and well-rounded person with a high EQ level, they will be required to deal with complexity in a fast-paced environment. The person needs to be a self-starter with attention to detail and bring a positive energy to the work environment, with a willingness to excel in their role.
Triz Engineering Solutions (www.trizengineering.com) is a premium product engineering and development company specializing in end-to-end turn-key commercial vehicle development.
We provide end to end engineering services for commercial vehicle engineering and development from feasibility and conceptualization, through productionization and service support. Our solutions include zero emissions such as battery electric- and fuel cell- as well as hybrid- or conventional powered products. We also offer solutions for other advanced vehicle technologies such as ADAS, vehicle autonomy and telematics. Our services are turnkey solutions that are validation tested and ready for mass production.
Our product development expertise includes medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles in applications such as delivery, bus, motorhome, off highway, refuse and several other specialized and vocational vehicle markets.
The candidate will work from Triz Engineering Solutions in San Jose, Costa Rica with the possibility to emigrate to TRIZ USA in Birmingham, Alabama USA if required after 1 year.
*All U.S. based employment is subject to company discretion and U.S. legal and visa requirements.
Position: Electrical Design Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
Company: Triz Engineering
Location: San Jose, Costa Rica
Birmingham, Alabama USA
Reports to: Engineering Manager
- B Eng Degree or B Tech Degree in Electrical / Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-10 Years of engineering experience
- Experience working in an electrical design engineering position – minimum 3 Years.
- Automotive OEM Design Experience will be an advantage.
- 3D CAD experience: Siemens NX will be an advantage.
- Schematics Design in Mentor Graphics Vesys will be an advantage.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Willing to relocate to the USA.
- Willing to travel overseas for variable periods.
- South African Citizen
- Medium and Heavy-duty truck chassis harness design using 3D CAD – and 2D Schematic software.
- Vehicle Electrical Systems Design, including 3D Wiring design in Siemens NX, creating 2D Harness Drawings and Schematics.
- Electrical Component Integration
- Evaluate scope of work and manage project timelines.
- Prepare bills of materials and their representative 3D assemblies (Unigraphics NX)
- Product data management (entering designs and related info into PDM software – Team Center)
- Ensure designs meet supplier and regulatory requirements.
- Design with cost saving, ease of installation and servicing in mind
- Conduct concept and design reviews.
- Liaise with suppliers on designs.
- Assess results for comparison against customer requirements and design standards.
- Liaise with other engineering disciplines and teams.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent in task management
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good Written and Verbal Communication (English)
- Computer literacy with advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Assuming outstanding sustained performance, the successful candidate will have opportunities for promotion and broader responsibilities over time.
Autocar offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc.