Triz Engineering Solutions is looking for a Project Engineer - Mechanical (EV) to form part of our engineering team, with the ability to fit into the DNA of our company culture that is dynamic and embraces change. Apart from a contained and well-rounded person with a high EQ level, he/she will be required to deal with complexity in a fast-paced environment. The person needs to be a self-starter with attention to detail and bring a positive energy to the work environment, with a willingness to excel in their role.
Triz Engineering Solutions (www.trizengineering.com) is a premium product engineering and development company specializing in end-to-end turn-key commercial vehicle development.
Autocar®, LLC, headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, is a leader in engineering, assembling, and servicing severe duty trucks. With a steady stream of innovations to their Xpeditor® line - ranging from improved ergonomic cabs and integrated controls to a new hybrid-drive refuse truck – along with a steady stream of new products - Autocar®, LLC has staked out a position as the industry's technology and innovation leader. Moreover, they have forged strong partnerships with the leading suppliers in the business, including, Allison®, Cummins®, ArvinMeritor®, Hendrickson®, and others. Autocar®, LLC is the oldest North American vehicle nameplate in North America – dating back to 1897 - and has delivered more than double the natural gas vehicles than all of our competitors combined.
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Position: Project Engineer (Mechanical)
Job Type: Full-time
Company: Triz Engineering / Autocar
Reports to: Chief Engineer (Triz/Autocar) and customer’s engineering/project managers
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering (Master’s degree preferred)
- 3-5 Years engineering experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- 3 Years+ experience in medium/heavy duty commercial system development process i.e., vehicle architecture, specifications, performance requirements, simulation, selecting components, integration, build and validation.
- Proven experience in coordinating and supporting validation activities and creating technical reports.
- Project management aptitude
Vehicle system expertise and competencies:
Candidates must substantiate their experience with one or more of the following medium/heavy duty vehicle systems:
- Vehicle Layout, Packaging, and architecture
- Ladder frame development
- Steering systems
- Axle and suspensions
- Electrical powertrains
- EV Thermal systems
- Simulation (FEA, CFD)
- ADAS integration
- Electrical Drive Axles Responsibilities: Develop industry-leading solutions for areas of technical responsibility
- Engage with industry suppliers
- Interact with engineering development teams
- Support vehicle builds, testing and validation Execute engineering development processes flawlessly
- Set up engineering operations to support technical areas of responsibility
- Setup and execute technology development roadmaps
- Support site activities, customer meetings/engagements, suppliers Execute engineering development within budget
- Plan and execute engineering development within budgets
- Develop responsible technical systems within cost targets
- Support cost reduction efforts
- Develop solutions for lean manufacturing Execute engineering tasks for production
- Support engineering teams to deliver engineering tasks to support production schedules. Support and develop engineering talent development
- Collaborate with internal and cross-functional teams
- Support in identifying critical resource needs Engagement with and customer support
- Act as project engineers and/or liaisons engineers onsite at new customers (locations to be determined, depending on marketing opportunities).
- Coordination of customer site activities, e.g., customer meetings, vehicle builds and validation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English)
- Ability to quickly build professional relationships with customers
- Ability to work independently, set up new processes, communication protocols
- Project management
- Excellent in task management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Presentation skills
- Report writing
- Computer literacy with advanced Microsoft Excel and skills
Assuming outstanding sustained performance, the successful candidate will have opportunities for promotion and broader responsibilities over time.
Autocar offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc.
Autocar Corporate Video: