Triz Engineering Solutions is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to form part of our engineering team, with the ability to fit into the DNA of our company culture that is dynamic and embraces change. Apart from a contained and well-rounded person with a high EQ level, they will be required to deal with complexity in a fast-paced environment. The person needs to be a self-starter with attention to detail and bring a positive energy to the work environment, with a willingness to excel in their role.
Triz Engineering Solutions (www.trizengineering.com) is a premium product engineering and development company specializing in end-to-end turn-key commercial vehicle development.
We provide end to end engineering services for commercial vehicle engineering and development from feasibility and conceptualization, through productionization and service support. Our solutions include zero emissions such as battery electric- and fuel cell- as well as hybrid- or conventional powered products. We also offer solutions for other advanced vehicle technologies such as ADAS, vehicle autonomy and telematics. Our services are turnkey solutions that are validation tested and ready for mass production.
Our product development expertise includes medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles in applications such as delivery, bus, motorhome, off highway, refuse and several other specialized and vocational vehicle markets.
The candidate will work from Triz Engineering Solutions in Durbanville, Western Cape, South Africa with the possibility to emigrate to TRIZ USA in Birmingham, Alabama USA if required after 1 year.
*All U.S. based employment is subject to company discretion and U.S. legal and visa requirements.
Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
Company: Triz Engineering
Location: Durbanville, Western Cape, South Africa
Birmingham, Alabama USA
Reports to: Engineering Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Equivalent
- 3-10 Years of engineering experience
- 3D CAD experience
- Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks Composer, and NX Unigraphics would be a benefit.
- Willing to relocate to the USA.
- Willing to travel overseas for variable periods.
- South African Citizen
- Evaluate task scope of work.
- Prepare and maintain bills of materials and their representative 3D assemblies.
- Product data management
- Create 3D parts and 2D part drawings to meet supplier and regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with overseas suppliers and customer on designs.
- Conduct concept and design reviews.
- Learning to operate CAD software packages, PLM systems.
- Support the day-to-day activities of customers.
- Provide creative and technically feasible solutions for cost savings, service issues, and product improvements.
- Interface with materials and purchasing on new part design and sourcing.
- Interface with Analysis, Test, and Manufacturing Engineering to determine the most effective and economical use of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Interface with the Product Regulation and Compliance staff to design products that meet government regulations, restrictions, and codes.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent in task management
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good Written and Verbal Communication (English)
- Computer literacy with advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Assuming outstanding sustained performance, the successful candidate will have opportunities for promotion and broader responsibilities over time.
Autocar offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc.