Triz Engineering Solutions is looking for a Senior CAD Technician to form part of our engineering team, with the ability to fit into the DNA of our company culture that is dynamic and embraces change. Apart from a contained and well-rounded person with a high EQ level, he/she will be required to deal with complexity in a fast-paced environment. The person needs to be a self-starter with attention to detail and bring a positive energy to the work environment, with a willingness to excel in their role.
Triz Engineering Solutions (www.trizengineering.com) is a premium product engineering and development company specializing in end-to-end turn-key commercial vehicle development.
We provide end to end engineering services for commercial vehicle engineering and development from feasibility and conceptualization, through productionization and service support. Our solutions include zero emissions such as battery electric- and fuel cell- as well as hybrid- or conventional powered products. We also offer solutions for other advanced vehicle technologies such as ADAS, vehicle autonomy and telematics. Our services are turnkey solutions that are validation tested and ready for mass production.
Our product development expertise includes medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles in applications such as delivery, bus, motorhome, off highway, refuse and several other specialized and vocational vehicle markets.
The CAD technician's role is to support engineering teams in performing CAD design tasks and strictly follow processes and standards to release technical information to our customers.
- Internationally recognized or South African matric (Grade 12/NQF Level 4)
- Recognized industry technical qualification (2yrs minimum duration)
- Minimum five years of full-time 3D and 2D CAD experience, post qualification, in any mid-to-high-end CAD Software (Solid works, Solid Edge, Siemens, Creo, Inventor)
- Be able to show extensive experience in:
- Manufacturing process exposure (Welding, Sheetmetal, Pipe bending, Harness manufacturing)
- 3D CAD design of sheet metal components, formed piping, hose routing, electrical wire harness routing etc.
- Creating 2D manufacturing drawings that includes tolerance assignment, welding symbols, GD&T
- Creating complex CAD assemblies of systems, layout/assembly drawings
- Setting up bills of materials
- Previous experience in the design and integration of automotive components and a sound knowledge of Siemens NX will be an advantage.
- Design, integration and creating manufacturing drawings of mechanical or electrical equipment for the automotive industry
- Ensure accuracy and manufacturability of engineering drawings and other customer technical deliverables
- Create technical service documentation for automotive OEM service teams
- Attention to detail
- Excellent in task management & mathematics
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good written and verbal communication (English)
- Computer literacy with advanced Microsoft Excel skills
08h00 –17h00, Monday to Friday (subject to change) with core hours and flexi time and may require over time dependent per project.
Leave is based on statutory requirements
We offer highly competitive remuneration package, with provision for RA and Medical
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a motivational letter with three contactable references Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted