Triz Engineering Solutions is looking for a Senior Powertrain Engineer to form part of our engineering team, with the ability to fit into the DNA of our company culture that is dynamic and embraces change. Apart from a contained and well-rounded person with a high EQ level, he/she will be required to deal with complexity in a fast-paced environment. The person needs to be a self-starter with attention to detail and bring a positive energy to the work environment, with a willingness to excel in their role.
Triz Engineering Solutions (www.trizengineering.com) is a premium product engineering and development company specializing in end-to-end turn-key commercial vehicle development.
We provide end to end engineering services for commercial vehicle engineering and development from feasibility and conceptualization, through productionization and service support. Our solutions include zero emissions such as battery electric- and fuel cell- as well as hybrid- or conventional powered products. We also offer solutions for other advanced vehicle technologies such as ADAS, vehicle autonomy and telematics. Our services are turnkey solutions that are validation tested and ready for mass production.
Our product development expertise includes medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles in applications such as delivery, bus, motorhome, off highway, refuse and several other specialized and vocational vehicle markets.
As a Senior Powertrain Engineer in the automotive industry, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and optimising powertrain systems for vehicles. Your expertise will contribute to advancing powertrain technologies, ensuring high performance, efficiency, and compliance with industry standards and regulations. In addition, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams and guide junior engineers in the development process to achieve project goals, as well as support new customer orders and production line support.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Extensive experience (6+ years) in powertrain engineering, with a strong focus on automotive applications.
- Proficiency in powertrain system design, analysis, and optimisation using engineering tools and software (e.g., MATLAB, Simulink).
- In-depth knowledge of internal combustion engines, transmissions, drivelines, and related components.
- Familiarity with powertrain electrification technologies, hybrid systems, and alternative fuels.
- Strong understanding of relevant industry regulations, emissions standards, and safety requirements.
- Proven experience in project management, including planning, resource allocation, and budgeting.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex engineering issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Leadership abilities and experience mentoring and guiding junior engineers.
- Continuous learning mindset to stay updated with the latest advancements in powertrain technologies and industry trends.
- Powertrain System Design: Develop and design powertrain systems, including engines, transmissions, drivelines, and related components, to meet performance, emissions, fuel efficiency, and durability requirements.
- Performance Optimisation: Analyse and optimise powertrain systems through simulation, testing, and data analysis to achieve desired performance characteristics, such as power output, torque, and acceleration.
- Technology Integration: Research and integrate emerging powertrain technologies, such as hybrid powertrains, electric powertrains, and alternative fuels, into vehicle platforms to improve efficiency and reduce environmental impact.
- Compliance and Testing: Ensure powertrain systems comply with relevant regulations, emissions standards, and safety requirements. Plan and oversee testing programs, including dynamometer testing, durability testing, and validation testing.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with design, manufacturing, and quality teams to ensure seamless integration of powertrain systems into vehicle platforms. Coordinate with suppliers and external partners to source components and materials.
- Project Management: Lead powertrain engineering projects, including planning, resource allocation, and timeline management. Monitor progress, identify and mitigate risks, and ensure projects are delivered within budget and on schedule.
- Documentation and Reporting: Prepare technical reports, specifications, and engineering documentation to support product development, manufacturing, and regulatory compliance.
- Mentorship and Leadership: Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior engineers. Foster a collaborative and innovative work environment, encouraging knowledge sharing and professional growth.
08h00 –17h00, Monday to Friday (subject to change) with core hours and flexi time and may require over time as per project.
Leave is based on statutory requirements
We offer highly competitive remuneration package.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a motivational letter (as part of your CV) with three contactable references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted