Triz Engineering Solutions is looking for Software Engineer(s) (Automotive Controls) on different levels and experience to form part of our EV software development team.
Candidates must fit the DNA of our company culture, be dynamic and embrace technologies in a competitive market. Apart from a contained and well-rounded person with a high EQ level, he/she will be required to deal with complexity in a fast-paced environment. The person needs to be a self-starter with attention to detail and bring a positive energy to the work environment, with a willingness to excel in their role.
Triz Engineering Solutions (www.trizengineering.com) is a premium product engineering and development company specializing in end-to-end turn-key commercial vehicle development.
We provide end to end engineering services for commercial vehicle engineering and development from feasibility and conceptualization, through productionization and service support. Our solutions include zero emissions such as battery electric- and fuel cell- as well as hybrid- or conventional powered products. We also offer solutions for other advanced vehicle technologies such as ADAS, vehicle autonomy and telematics. Our services are turnkey solutions that are validation tested and ready for mass production.
Our product development expertise includes medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles in applications such as delivery, bus, motorhome, off highway, refuse and several other specialized and vocational vehicle markets.
Triz offers the opportunity to launch your automotive software career under the guidance of highly experienced engineers in the industry. Therefore, you should apply if you consider yourself an exceptional software developer with the necessary capability and commitment but lack experience in the automotive and/or Simulink environment:
- B Eng. Degree in Electronic / Mechatronic Engineering (M Eng. preferred)
- Willing to travel overseas for variable periods
- South African Citizenship
- 1-6+ Years of experience
- Matlab/Simulink software development for automotive controllers
- Under guidance of the Lead Software Engineer, be responsible for documentation, verification and testing of control software
- Software algorithm development and control systems optimization
- Contribute to the development of system plant models and simulations using Matlab/Simulink
- Contribute to the development of software tools required for vehicle production and -field support
- Support testing of software at module level and on prototype vehicles
- Proficient in Matlab/Simulink environment
- Knowledge of J1939 CAN communication and associated test tools/equipment
- Attention to detail
- Integrity and honesty
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Good Written and Verbal Communication (English)
- Good work ethics
- Hardworking, willing to go the extra mile
- Work independently
- Excellent in task management
- Team Player (Work well in a team)
- Ability to work under pressure and handle priority changes
- Have good problem-solving abilities
08h00 –17h00, Monday to Friday (subject to change) with core hours and flexi time, and may require over time as per project.
Leave is based on statutory requirements
We offer highly competitive remuneration package.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a motivational letter (as part of your CV) with three contactable references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Durbanville, Cape Town, South Africa