Triz Engineering Solutions is looking for an Engineering Director to form part of our engineering team, with the ability to fit into the DNA of our company culture that is dynamic and embraces change. Apart from a contained and well-rounded person with a high EQ level, he/she will be required to deal with complexity in a fast paced environment. The person needs to be a self-starter with attention to detail and bring a positive energy to the work environment, with a willingness to excel in their role.
Autocar®, LLC, headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, is a leader in engineering, assembling, and servicing severe duty trucks. With a steady stream of innovations to their Xpeditor® line - ranging from improved ergonomic cabs and integrated controls to a new hybrid-drive refuse truck – along with a steady stream of new products - Autocar®, LLC has staked out a position as the industry's technology and innovation leader. Moreover, they have forged strong partnerships with the leading suppliers in the business, including, Allison®, Cummins®, ArvinMeritor®, Hendrickson®, and others. Autocar®, LLC is the oldest North American vehicle nameplate in North America – dating back to 1897 - and has delivered more than double the natural gas vehicles than all of our competitors combined.
The Director Engineering will develop and manage the direction and daily activities of the Company's Engineering team with the focus on people, organization and process. The position will also oversee process improvements to the product development process, lead the development of reporting managers and oversee the development of the others in the department.
In this role, it is critical to interact with all levels of company management; including operations, purchasing, quality control, sales, marketing and finance. The ability to work closely with key supplier and key customer is essential.
The Engineering Director will report to the Vice President of Engineering at Autocar.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and mentor the Engineering Organization which includes providing technical leadership and direction to engineers and program teams.
- Train Engineering team to improve the fulfillment of their current role and prepare them for future roles in the company. Training and mentoring these engineers in the use of our full scope of analysis tools.
- Analyze and resolve problems and provides technical assistance as is necessary.
- Work extensively with colleagues to produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere.
- Work with project team to develop robust product concepts, design for manufacturability and optimal component cost, maintain or exceed quality expectations, deliver on project timelines and provide superior customer communication and a high degree of sense of urgency in all aspects of the role.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in engineering is required.
- A Master’s degree in Engineering management is preferred and will be beneficial in securing this role.
- 15 Years of engineering experience
- Minimum of 8 years proven track record of leading and mentoring a team.
- The Director of Engineering will possess strong analytical and technical skills to understand business practices.
Assuming outstanding sustained performance, the successful candidate will have opportunities for promotion and broader responsibilities over time.
Autocar offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc.
Autocar Corporate Video: