Triz Engineering Solutions is looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to form part of our engineering team, with the ability to fit into the DNA of our company culture that is dynamic and embraces change. Apart from a contained and well-rounded person with a high EQ level, he/she will be required to deal with complexity in a fast paced environment. The person needs to be a self-starter with attention to detail and bring a positive energy to the work environment, with a willingness to excel in their role.
Triz Engineering (www.trizengineering.com) is a premium product engineering and development company specializing in commercial vehicle development. Our focus is on execution by delivering fast, right first-time solutions to our customers in the fields of mechanical-, electrical- and software engineering for the commercial vehicle industry. With over 20 years of experience in Class 4 through Class 8 vehicle development programs, in multiple industries and vocations.
- B Eng Degree or B Tech Degree in Electrical / Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience working in an electrical design engineering position – minimum 1 Year.
- Automotive OEM Design Experience will be an advantage
- 3D CAD experience: Siemens NX will be an advantage.
- Schematics Design in Mentor Graphics Vesys will be an advantage
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Attention to detail is critical in this position.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Medium and Heavy duty truck chassis harness design using 3D CAD – and 2D Schematic software.
- Vehicle Electrical Systems Design, including 3D Wiring design in Siemens NX, creating 2D Harness Drawings and Schematics.
- Electrical Component Integration
- Evaluate scope of work and manage project timelines
- Prepare bills of materials and their representative 3D assemblies (Unigraphics NX)
- Product data management (entering designs and related info into PDM software – Team Center)
- Ensure designs meet supplier and regulatory requirements
- Design with cost saving, ease of installation and servicing in mind
- Conduct concept and design reviews
- Liaise with suppliers on designs
- Asses results for comparison against customer requirements and design standards
- Liaise with other engineering disciplines and teams.
- Attention to detail
- Integrity and honesty
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Good Written and Verbal Communication (English)
- Good work ethics
- Hardworking, willing to go the extra mile
- Work independently
- Excellent in task management
- Team Player (Work well in a team)
- Ability to work under pressure and handle priority changes
- Have good problem solving abilities
08h00 –17h00, Monday to Friday (subject to change) with core hours and flexi time, and may require over time as per project.
Leave is based on statutory requirements
We offer highly competitive remuneration package.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a motivational letter (as part of your CV) with three contactable
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted