Triz Engineering Solutions is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to form part of our engineering team, with the ability to fit into the DNA of our company culture that is dynamic and embraces change. Apart from a contained and well-rounded person with a high EQ level, he/she will be required to deal with complexity in a fast paced environment. The person needs to be a self-starter with attention to detail and bring a positive energy to the work environment, with a willingness to excel in their role.
Triz Engineering Solutions (www.trizengineering.com) is a Specialist Truck Chassis design and integration Engineering Service Provider (ESP), offering a turn-key service to its customers. Triz’s entire technology focus is on the design and development of various commercial vehicle chassis for the Global market, leveraging a deep skilled and experienced pool of mechanical and electrical engineering specialists and operating from a competitive cost bases, ensuring an internationally competitive quality and high value added service. Triz’s customers are medium and heavy duty truck chassis OEMs such as Autocar (GVW Group)
- B Eng Degree or B Tech Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical design engineering experience (2 Years +)
- 3D CAD experience
- Willing to travel overseas for variable periods
- South African Citizenship
- 1+ Years of experience
- Evaluate task scope of work
- Prepare and maintain bills of materials and their representative 3D assemblies
- Product data management
- Create 3D parts and 2D part drawings to meet supplier and regulatory requirements
- Liaise with overseas suppliers and customer on designs
- Conduct concept and design reviews
- Learning to operate CAD software packages, PLM systems
- Support the day-to-day activities of customers
- Provide creative and technically feasible solutions for cost savings, service issues, and product improvements.
- Interface with materials and purchasing on new part design and sourcing.
- Interface with Analysis, Test, and Manufacturing Engineering to determine the most effective and economical use of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Interface with the Product Regulation and Compliance staff to design products that meet government
regulations, restrictions and codes.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent in task management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good Written and Verbal Communication (English)
- Computer literacy with advanced Microsoft Excel skills
08h00 –17h00, Monday to Friday (subject to change) with core hours and flexi time, and may require over time as per project.
Leave is based on statutory requirements
We offer highly competitive remuneration package.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a motivational letter (as part of your CV) with three contactable references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted