Triz Engineering Solutions is looking for a Program Manager to form part of our advanced product development team. Candidates must fit the DNA of our company culture, be dynamic and embrace change. Apart from a contained and well-rounded person with a high EQ level, he/she will be required to deal with complexity in a fast- paced environment. The person needs to be a self-starter with attention to detail and bring a positive energy to the work environment, with a willingness to excel in their role.
Autocar®, LLC, headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, is a leader in engineering, assembling, and servicing severe duty trucks. With a steady stream of innovations to their Xpeditor® line - ranging from improved ergonomic cabs and integrated controls to a new hybrid-drive refuse truck – along with a steady stream of new products - Autocar®, LLC has staked out a position as the industry's technology and innovation leader. Moreover, they have forged strong partnerships with the leading suppliers in the business, including, Allison®, Cummins®, ArvinMeritor®, Hendrickson®, and others. Autocar®, LLC is the oldest North American vehicle nameplate in North America – dating back to 1897 - and has delivered more than double the natural gas vehicles than all of our competitors combined.
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Position: Program Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Company: Triz Engineering / Autocar
Reports to: Director of Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Mechatronic or Electronic Engineering
- Minimum 10-15 Years of experience in Automotive Engineering Development
- 3 – 5 Years of experience in Program Management
- Good understanding of automotive industry stakeholders, practices, and processes.
Brief Description of your duties:
The Program Manager(s) is responsible for organizing programs and activities for Autocar and is tasked with developing programs to support the organization's strategic direction, creating, and managing long-term goals. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for developing budgets and operating plans for programs and writing program funding proposals. The Program Managers responsibilities will cover the development and execution of various programs from concept to production across all organizational functions. They must work cross- functionally with multiple teams and ensure that all required tasks are on time in support of approved program initiatives. Inclusive of interaction with clients to determine their requirements and ensure that these are met.
Execute development programs from start to production flawlessly
- Create a technology road map for the business unit for implementation in the products as well as localization in a phased manner
- Create project plans, including detailed statements of work, cost estimations and work breakdown structures.
- Ensure that the program communication plan is effectively implemented and all the action points arising out of all program reviews are captured and systematically tracked for closure
- Ensure accuracy of regular project management reports (resource loading, dates, task status, budgets, risks)
- Manage projects across company departments
- Ensure internal reviews for MPDS (Process) adherence and provide advance warning to ensure the quality of the event for every deliverable - Monitor resource utilization and ensure optimization of resources in the program
- Interact, support and drive execution between all program functions
- Report program performance to senior management
Execute development activities flawlessly.
- Schedule and prioritize approved Programs with the business to support the business objectives
- Understand the VoC (Voice of the customer) and work with Advanced Engineering and Product planning teams to define the platform architecture
- Ensure religious adherence to the relevant process
- Develop and improve Program management processes
- Identify, understand, and facilitate resolution of technical, commercial, or other program-related issues.
Execute development programs within budget
- Prepare, Monitor, and control revenue and capital budget in the Commercial segment to achieve projected committed cash flow by reviewing requirements, consolidating, proposing for the platform budget and ensuring adherence to planned expenditure.
- Develop and aggregate total cost for development programs • Monitor cost vs quality and perforce, and take corrective action where necessary
- Responsible for overall scope, time & cost management, and Program Readiness
- Report on cost to senior management Develop customizable products that are mass-produced
- Ensure program development supports manufacture to scale Support and develop engineering talent development
- Enhance competence of program management to have a robust project management discipline which will help in PD portfolio plan by role modelling, training, on-the-job coaching and reinventing the developing and new processes as well as competencies
Management of various design resources throughout various Project Teams
- Provide input to the Company performance review process.
- Collaborate with internal as well as cross-functional teams • Support in identifying critical resource needs
- Support hiring and onboarding processes Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English)
- Excellent in planning projects, performing task management and delegation
- Solid organizational, planning skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Advanced computer literacy with MS Excel and MS Projects
- Self-starter and Team player
Assuming outstanding sustained performance, the successful candidate will have opportunities for promotion and broader responsibilities over time.
Autocar offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc.
Autocar Corporate Video: