Triz Engineering Solutions is looking for an Advanced Powertrain Chief Engineer to form part of our engineering team. Candidates must fit the DNA of our company culture, be dynamic and embrace change. Apart from a contained and well-rounded person with a high EQ level, he/she will be required to deal with complexity in a fast paced environment. The person needs to be a self-starter with attention to detail and bring a positive energy to the work environment, with a willingness to excel in their role.
Triz Engineering Solutions (www.trizengineering.com) is a premium product engineering and development company specializing in end-to-end turn-key commercial vehicle development.
We provide end to end engineering services for commercial vehicle engineering and development from feasibility and conceptualization, through productionization and service support. Our solutions include zero emissions such as battery electric- and fuel cell- as well as hybrid- or conventional powered products. We also offer solutions for other advanced vehicle technologies such as ADAS, vehicle autonomy and telematics. Our services are turnkey solutions that are validation tested and ready for mass production.
Our product development expertise includes medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles in applications such as delivery, bus, motorhome, off highway, refuse and several other specialized and vocational vehicle markets.
This position is responsible for the design, integration and testing of commercial vehicles, specifically but not limited to Advanced Powertrain Technology such as electrically driven vehicles. The Employee will be responsible for the development and design of vehicle subsystems within the cab, chassis and/or powertrain related modules of various vehicle platforms to meet the customer’s requirements and is safe to operate.
- B Eng. or M Eng. degree in Mechatronic / Electronic Engineering
- Willing to travel overseas for variable periods
- South African Citizenship
- 10-15+ Years of experience
Candidates must be able to prove relevant engineering development experience in/with:
- Multi-skilled engineering experienced in electrical-, mechanical and controls- and simulation engineering disciplines
- Electric Vehicle architecture design
- EV sub-systems design
- HV systems 500 to 1000V
- HV Battery and BMS specifications
- Battery systems lifecycle optimization
- High Power DC Charging J1772 CCS1
- Thermal management of EV systems
- HVAC systems for EVs
- Specifying and configuring VCU and BCM controllers
- MATLAB/SIMULINK/CODER model-based software development
- Electric Vehicle safety aspects and design
- ISO26262 safety levels up to ASIL D
- HV and LV harness design for EVs
- J1939 CAN bus experience
- E-Axles and PM motors for 150kW to 450kW applications
- Optimizing Regen and ABS/ESP integration
- Alternative fuel systems for EVs
- eMotor and eTransmission integration and control modules
- Integrating Multichannel MCU and AUX Motor Control
Role Specific Duties and responsibilities (Project/Technical):
- Oversee, plan and technically direct Triz projects relating to but not limited to advanced powertrain solutions.
- Participate in strategy development for customers interested in alternative drive solutions.
- Develop requirements specification for alternative drive vehicles by engaging the appropriate resources and stakeholders.
- Develop and oversee the development of vehicle architecture required for the development and integration of advanced powertrain systems, including infrastructure requirements.
- Lead and participate in supplier identification, evaluations and selections.
- Develop vehicle specifications based on components selections.
- Develop and execute test and validation specifications
- Direct and guide engineers to meet technical needs
- Ensure project deliverables are met in accordance with project plans, identify and resolve risk items.
- Execute and direct project activities and deliverables within the required development processes and to the required standards.
- Assume overall responsibility for the technical performance of products to meet the relevant requirement specifications
- Travel locally and internationally for the purpose of visiting suppliers or customers in support of Triz engineering related projects
Role Specific Duties and responsibilities (Business):
- Support management team in business development activities and leads, coordinates or supports future projects as the business needs evolve.
- Support the business in the development and recruiting of key capabilities in support of Triz overall strategy.
- Interface with Company management to help establish and prioritize the utilization of design resources.
- Take part in the Company performance review process (Scoring, providing feedback to group members).
- Assist with general personnel management activities ongoing but specifically during the ramp up phase of the group / capability at Triz.
- Establish alternative powertrain development and integration capability at Triz
- General employee administration of responsible group(s), e.g. leave approval
- The above list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. The employer is entitled to instruct the employee at any time to carry out additional duties or responsibilities, which fall reasonable within the ambit of the job description, or in accordance with operational requirements.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent in task management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good Written and Verbal Communication (English)
- Computer literacy with advanced Microsoft Excel skills
08h00 –17h00, Monday to Friday (subject to change) with core hours and flexi time, and may require over time as per project.
Leave is based on statutory requirements
We offer highly competitive remuneration package, with provision for RA, Life Cover and Medical.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a motivational letter with three contactable references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted