Triz Engineering Solutions is looking for a Mechanical Lead Engineer to form part of the senior structure, with the ability to direct and guide design engineers on technical related aspects. He/ She should have exceptional organizational leadership skills with the capacity to fit into the DNA of our company culture that is dynamic and embraces change.
Triz Engineering Solutions (www.trizengineering.com) is a premium product engineering and development company specializing in end-to-end turn-key commercial vehicle development.
We provide end to end engineering services for commercial vehicle engineering and development from feasibility and conceptualization, through productionization and service support. Our solutions include zero emissions such as battery electric- and fuel cell- as well as hybrid- or conventional powered products. We also offer solutions for other advanced vehicle technologies such as ADAS, vehicle autonomy and telematics. Our services are turnkey solutions that are validation tested and ready for mass production.
Our product development expertise includes medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles in applications such as delivery, bus, motorhome, off highway, refuse and several other specialized and vocational vehicle markets.
- B Eng, B.Sc or B.Tech degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
- 10 - 15 years of post-graduate engineering design experience, preferably in the automotive design environment
- Be willing to travel overseas for variable periods depending on the particular needs at that time
- Team Leadership
- Interface with customers to help establish and prioritize the utilization of design resources
- Delegate work to assigned engineering personnel
- Directs and guides design engineers on technical related issues
- Manage project / task timelines to ensure that agreed milestones are reached and to communicate and plan for non-compliance in a timely manner
- Take responsibility for the technical soundness and compliance of designs to the customer’s, and general
engineering practices and standards
- Organize and lead “internal” design reviews to ensure that designs that are reviewed with the customer are properly checked for soundness and compliance
- Lead design reviews with the customer and suppliers
- Perform CAD Design (3D Modeling, Create 2D Drawings, Maintain Bill of materials)
- Work inside customer PDM system
- Maintain customer product sales option matrix
- Production Support (Custom Order Engineering Requests)
- Planning & Leadership Skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent in task management
- Ability to work under pressure and handle priority changes
- Passionate about automotive engineering and CAD design
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English)
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
08h00 –17h00, Monday to Friday (subject to change) with core hours and flexi time and may require over time as per project.
Leave is based on statutory requirements
We offer highly competitive remuneration package.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a motivational letter (as part of your CV) with three contactable references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted