Triz Engineering Solutions is looking for a Functional Safety Engineer to form part of the senior structure, with the ability to direct and guide design engineers on technical related aspects. He/ She should have exceptional organizational leadership skills with the capacity to fit into the DNA of our company culture that is dynamic and embraces change.
Triz Engineering Solutions (www.trizengineering.com) is a premium product engineering and development company specializing in end-to-end turn-key commercial vehicle development.
We provide end to end engineering services for commercial vehicle engineering and development from feasibility and conceptualization, through productionization and service support. Our solutions include zero emissions such as battery electric- and fuel cell- as well as hybrid- or conventional powered products. We also offer solutions for other advanced vehicle technologies such as ADAS, vehicle autonomy and telematics. Our services are turnkey solutions that are validation tested and ready for mass production.
Our product development expertise includes medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles in applications such as delivery, bus, motorhome, off highway, refuse and several other specialized and vocational vehicle markets.
The role of a Functional Safety Engineer in the context of electrical vehicles (EVs) is crucial to ensuring the safety and reliability of EV systems and components. As the automotive industry transitions towards electric mobility, functional safety becomes a top priority to guarantee the safe operation of EVs and build trust among consumers. The Functional Safety Engineer in this domain is responsible for applying safety engineering principles, analyzing potential hazards, and adhering to safety standards specific to electric vehicles.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering
- 7-10+ Years of applicable experience
- In-depth knowledge of functional safety standards, especially ISO 26262, and their application in the context of electric vehicles.
- Experience in safety analysis techniques like FMEA, FTA, and HARA, with a focus on EV components and systems.
- Familiarity with electric vehicle architecture, propulsion systems, and battery technology.
- Proficiency in safety-related tools, such as fault injectors, safety analysis tools, and requirements management tools specific to EV development.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with a diverse team of professionals.
- Be willing to travel overseas for variable periods depending on the needs at that time.
- Functional Safety Assessment: Conduct safety assessments and analysis of electrical vehicle systems, including propulsion systems, battery management systems, power electronics, and other safety-critical components. Identify potential hazards and safety risks associated with the EV's operation.
- Compliance and Standards: Ensure that the development process and the final EV product meet relevant functional safety standards, such as ISO 26262, specific to the automotive industry and EVs.
Safety Requirements: Develop and manage safety requirements for EV systems, considering high-voltage safety, thermal management, and electromagnetic compatibility.
- Risk Analysis: Perform safety analysis techniques such as Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), and Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment (HARA) to identify potential safety issues and define safety goals specific to EVs.
- Safety Verification and Validation: Plan, manage, and execute safety verification and validation activities for EV systems and components. This includes testing and simulation to ensure compliance with safety requirements.
Battery Safety: Focus on the safety aspects of EV batteries, including monitoring systems, thermal management, overcurrent protection, and fire prevention measures.
- Documentation: Prepare and maintain comprehensive documentation related to functional safety activities, including safety cases, safety plans, safety analysis reports, and compliance evidence for the EV.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including hardware and software engineers, battery specialists, system architects, and quality assurance teams, to ensure a cohesive approach to safety throughout the EV development process.
- Compliance Updates: Stay up to date with the evolving safety regulations, guidelines, and industry best practices specific to electrical vehicles, and ensure compliance with the latest standards.
- Planning & Leadership Skills
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent in task management
- Ability to work under pressure and handle priority changes.
- Passionate about automotive engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English)
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
08h00 –17h00, Monday to Friday (subject to change) with core hours and flexi time and may require over time as per project.
Leave is based on statutory requirements.
We offer highly competitive remuneration package, with provision for RA and Medical
To apply please submit a copy of your CV and a motivational letter with three contactable references Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.